Wear your Heart in your Hair this Valentine’s Day
Whether you’re spending this Valentine’s Day on a date or by having a night out with your friends, there are always reasons to celebrate the holiday of love. As for us, we wanted to celebrate the love we have for our hair! What better way than to wear your heart in your hair? Take a look at some Valentine’s Day hair inspirations easy enough for any girl to master.
Get the Look
- Start by making your hair wavy, you can use a curling iron or a straightener to achieve this look.
- Next pull your hair half up, separating into 2 small ponytails right next to each other.
- Twist the right ponytail in a downward motion and slide a bobby pin into the base near the ponytail holder to keep it anchored as you twist.
- Wrap the ponytail up and over to create the top of the heart. Keep twirling in the same direction.
- Add bobby pins to secure this side of the heart.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add one more bobby pin at the bottom of the heart for extra security.
Get the Look
- Start by creating two braids from one inch sections of hair at the top of your head, leaving a small gap in between the two braids.
- Twist the right braid up and around to form the top of the heart. Use bobby pins to pin in place.
- Repeat with the second braid, pinning it to the first braid to form the top of the heart.
- Connect the ends of the braids together where the bottom point of the heart will be. Pin in place with bobby pins and hide the ends of the braids with the rest of your hair.
Get the Look
- Take a standard bun maker, and pinch the bottom of it together until it creates a point, and then place two hair elastics over it to keep the bottom squished together holding that shape.
- Next pinch together the top left side of the bun maker and slide two more hair elastics on it, and do the same on the right side (this will create the “M”-shaped divot at the top of the heart, now leaving you with a more triangular-shaped bun maker instead of a doughnut).
- Once your bun maker is created, create a ponytail on the back of the head and secure it with a hairband.
- Now take the modified bun maker, and slide it onto the ponytail so the bun maker is sitting on your head with you ponytail in the center of it.
- Then tip your head down and let the hair fall evenly over the bun maker.
- Once you have the hair evenly spaced, take a hair band and slide it over the bun (it should cinch down enough to hide the bun maker completely with hair, pulling the hair tight against the bun maker and forming a heart-shaped bun).
- You should still have remaining hair ends sticking out from the bun, so pick up a small section and begin twisting the hair, adding in more hair as you go.
- Continue twisting in hair until you have included all the hair around the base of the bun, and secure with a few bobby pins.
- To help emphasize the heart shape, gently pull down on the middle hair of the “M” of the heart and secure it with a bobby pin.
For those of you who aren’t scared off by the concept of commitment, AVEDA color will make you fall in love with the perfect shade of pink, which can double as your spring hair kick off!
Show us your Valentine’s Day Hair by using #AISouth
Click here to watch our new Aveda Institutes South Admissions video