The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260 (December 27, 2020) to provide monetary support for education. Be Aveda Institutes was allocated education stabilization funds under section 314 (a)(4) of CRRSAA.
This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (CRRSAA) that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students. The Institute will make these emergency financial aid grants available to students with exceptional need for expenses related to any component of a student’s cost of attendance or emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or childcare.
- Be Aveda Institutes acknowledges it has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution will use the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA (a)(4) program to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- Be Aveda Institutes has been allocated $434,458 for OPEID 04119400 cohort group and $588,567 for OPEID 04134800 cohort group.
- Be Aveda Institutes has made available and is distributing a total amount of $434,458 to students as of September 30, 2021 in OPEID 04119400 cohort group and $588,567 to students as of September 30, 2021 in OPEID 04134800 cohort group under the CRRSAA (a)(4) program.
- There are 506 estimated total number of students in OPEID 04119400 cohort group and 462 estimated total number of students in OPEID 04134800 cohort group that are potentially eligible to participate in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA (a)(4) program.
- The total number of students who have demonstrated exceptional financial need and received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA (a)(4) program is 443 in OPEID 04119400 cohort group and 418 in OPEID 04134800 cohort group.
- The methodology used by our institution to determine student eligibility to receive the Emergency Financial Aid Grants will be for any student that demonstrates exceptional financial need, such as students who receive Federal Pell Grants. Students who are not eligible to receive Federal Pell Grants may still be eligible for the HEERF II funds depending upon the student certifying that they have been affected by COVID-19 and have need. In addition, an eligible student is defined as one that was currently enrolledbetween the dates June 28, 2021 and July 2, 2021.The methodology used to determine the grant amount was the allocation amount for each OPEID cohort divided by the number of eligible students under that OPEID cohort.
- Be Aveda Institutes students should contact the Director of their home campus for determinations on the student’s eligibility to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and detailed guidance on how to claim their grant funds. Responses to frequently asked questions can be found here. Students can demonstrate exceptional financial need by completing the application here. Students in OPEID 04119400 cohort group must complete the certification form here and students in OPEID 04134800 cohort group must complete the certification form here in order to receive their Emergency Financial Aid Grant.